We had a chance to do the Diamond Head Crater hike. This is s short hike up to the Fire Control Station that was part of Oahu’s Coastal Defense System. In addition to the military significance, the views from the top of the hike are stunning. Although the hike is described as steep and strenuous, our 6 year old did great hiking to the top and back.
For the return, I had the opportunity to tick-off one of Active.com’s10 Runs Every American Must Do
- Golden Gate Bridge – 2012
- Central Park – 2001?
- Rim Trail – Grand Canyon National Park – TBD
- The National Mall, Washington DC – TBD
- Rocky Steps, Philadelphia – TBD
- Yosemite Valley – TBD
- Lakefront Trail, Chicago – TBD
- Diamond Head Road – 2013
- The Strand – Los Angeles - TBD
- Las Vegas Strip – a few times over the years