While on the east coast, I ticked another run off of the list of 10 Runs Every American Must Do.
1. Golden Gate Bridge – 2012
2. Central Park – 2001?
3. Rim Trail – Grand Canyon National Park – TBD
4. The National Mall, Washington DC – July 2014
5. Rocky Steps, Philadelphia – June 2014
6. Yosemite Valley – TBD
7. Lakefront Trail, Chicago – TBD
8. Diamond Head Road – 2013
9. The Strand – Los Angeles - TBD
10. Las Vegas Strip – a few times over the years
I took the metro from where we were staying to the Smithsonian stop and started my run towards the Capital Building. From there, I turned around and headed back past the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial passing the Vietnam War Memorial. On my way back to the metro stop, I also passed the World War I Memorial. This is an incredibly inspiring run and I recommend it to anyone who is remotely near the area.